Paralegal needed for a growing solo- estate planning and elder law virtual practice in the greater New Bedford area.
The ideal candidate will be able to work independently, be able to multitask, be thoughtful and diligent. This position provides an opportunity to work closely and collaboratively with the attorney/owner and other legal staff to provide meaningful support in handling client files and other firm operations. The candidate will have to have strong writing skills, ability to follow instructions, manage deadlines, and is oriented toward serving clients with compassion and empathy.
This position is full-time. Specific work days and hours are flexible. This is currently a remote position, but with expectation that on-site availability may eventually occur when firm obtains physical location. Also, potential need to witness the signing of documents within a 25 mile+ radius of New Bedford, MA. Therefore, a local candidate is preferred.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Working collaboratively with a team consisting of legal assistants and attorney/owner;
- Support attorney/owner in preparation of comprehensive estate plans;
- Answering client/prospect phone calls and emails;
- Supporting and scheduling;
- Maintaining digital and physical office files;
- Drafting and sending correspondence;
- Preparation of Probate filings;
- Preparation of a variety of estate planning documents;
- Preparing documents for signing; and
- e-filing with Probate Court and e-recording with Registry of Deeds.
- Paralegal Certificate or college degree or progress toward one is highly preferred);
- Excellence with customer service support;
- Strong communication (oral and written) skills;
- Computer proficiency;
- Superb organization and multitasking skills; and
- Portuguese speaking (a plus).
Walecka Law, P.C. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veterans status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.