Legal Assistant/Paralegal needed for a growing solo- estate planning and elder law virtual practice in the greater New Bedford area.
The ideal candidate will be able to work independently, be able to multitask, be thoughtful and diligent. This position provides an opportunity to work closely and collaboratively with the attorney/owner to provide meaningful support in handling client files and other firm operations. The candidate will have to have strong writing skills, ability to follow instructions, manage deadlines, and is oriented toward serving clients with compassion and empathy.
This position is 20-25 hours a week but could grow to a full time position. Specific work days and hours are flexible. This is currently a remote position, but with expectation that on-site availability may eventually occur particularly as hours increase and firm obtains physical location. Also, potential need to witness the signing of documents within a 25 mile+ radius of New Bedford, MA. Therefore, a local candidate is preferred.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Direct administrative assistance to attorney/owner;
- Scheduling and arranging plans for meetings and some travel;
- Answering/triaging incoming phone calls and emails;
- Maintaining digital and physical office files;
- Carrying out projects, as assigned;
- Drafting and sending correspondence; and
- General office administration support for attorney;
- Collaboratively drafting, printing, collating, and binding of estate planning documents.
- High school degree or equivalent (college degree or progress toward one is highly preferred);
- Excellence with customer service support;
- Strong communication (oral and written) skills;
- Computer proficiency;
- Superb organization and multitasking skills; and
- Portuguese speaking (a plus).